A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Friday, October 30, 2009

"Project Runway" Glam... Avante Garde?... and You Too Can Dish It Out


Maybe this 6th season of "Project Runway", moving from Bravo to Lifetime, is a reflection of our economic hard times.  Everything seems so safe and at times incredibly boring to watch.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but each season has dropped a notch on the 'creativity meter'!  Compared to one of my other favorite reality shows... "So You Think You Can Dance (please not "Dancing with the...), which has moved up the talent notch every season...  is dense with creativity! Anyway, last night did produce two very chic and wearable outfits from Althea and Irina.  The "Harem" pants  are brilliant Althea!  Irina, your 'look' is so luxe!





Besides shoes and bags, my other collecting passion is dishes. I like to mix up my casual dinnerware and serving plates, looking for bargains at the same time... I scope out the dinnerware whenever I'm in TJMaxx, Pottery Barn, and Pier One, etc.  This pretty dinner plate from Pier One (for just $5) is dishwasher safe, but not microwave safe.  That's a dilemma, I love these, and would mix the yellow and green... yes... buy both colors, but I also like to be able to microwave them and especially so do the kids.  I think I will still but 4 of them...
As far as formal dinnerware goes, it's fun to go on 'eBay' and buy antique plates, each one different, but coordinated. Your dinner guests will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment