A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wardrobe Basics... and Yankee Pitchers!


Today only, Victoria's Secret is having 25% off any one item on top of their already 'sale prices'.
I don't usually buy their bras or lingerie, but for many years I would get their catalogue and shop for wardrobe basics each season.  It's been awhile, but today I picked a pair of leggings, and two great tops.  Go to 'Sweater Shop' and click on 'Most Loved".  I don't do well with wool (too itchy) so I chose cashmere/ cotton blends. Sale prices for the sweaters range from about $39 to $49, and the leggings are 2/$20 to 2/$40, so enjoy!

I don't know about you, but I love the excitement of the 'World Series'!!!... LIVE events and the spirit that goes along with it... my favorite, even when it's nail-biting.  My husband is not a team sport guy (tennis and hiking), but we all love to watch as a family,,, so much fun, especially now that our home team is in it this year.  I'm riveted to those extreme TV close-ups of the pitchers...  Mariano Rivera, stoic, with his cut fastball, one of the great pitches in the history of the sport, and Andy Pettitte, the most responsible for getting his team to this 'World Series'... love that dimpled chin!...  and of course, C.C. Sabathia, I just like to say his name, the way it sounds rolling off the tongue. Let's hope the rain quits and they can play tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment