A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Public Or Private... and then there's "Precious"!



Maybe I shouldn't even be posting pictures of my DOG!  Is that crazy (irrational), the idea that someone might track down my dog, come to my house and kidnap him from my front yard.  I actually remember a story coming out of LA a few years ago about people stealing 'Designer Dogs" from their yards for $$$.

This story however from the NY Times (this weekend) is about weather or not to post pictures of your kids on social networking sites for fear of sexual predators and general misuse.  Well the 'experts' say that predators don't work that way... but it's still a HOT debate!  I've never been entirely comfortable about sharing my kids photos on 'Facebook" for instance, so I don't... I do email my photos selectively, it's not as convenient but I'm more comfortable with it.  Generally I do think etiquette should be to ask your friends if they're ok with it before posting pictures of them.


I love film, although this is the first time I'm blogging about one.  I'm really looking forward to the November 6th release of director and producer Lee Daniels' movie "Precious'.  I first read about it, believe it or not,  in my J.Crew catalogue which featured Daniels wearing their 'Cord Sportcoat'.  Then this weekend the NY Times Magazine section featured the movie as the cover article.  I played the trailer online, and the movie is based on the novel 'Push' by Sapphire, a very 'powerful and heartwrenching' story about abuse with an uplifting ending.  Mo'Nique's performance as Precious's mother has generated talk of an Oscar.

No comments:

Post a Comment