A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Awesomo!


On Saturdays this Fall, we go from flag football practice to 'School of Rock' for my kids' performance based guitar and drum rehearsal.  This is a very COOL place for kids that love music (they have it for adults too)!  It's a franchise so see if there's one near you at 'schoolofrock.com'.  


Last week my
new 'J.Crew' catalogue (Oct.09) came in the mail.  I was watching TV flipping through, habitually from back to front, and something really different caught my eye.  Three handsome young artists in their respective studios, (shot by photographer Jason Schmidt), were modeling J.Crew clothes, but what really piqued my interest was their art... enough to google them... well Ryan McGinness' work is 'Awesomo', my son said and I ditto!  Go to 'ryanmcginness.com', and the bonus is one your kids will love too, he has 7 paintings you can download to your desktop, and their beautiful!!!  McGinness grew up in the surf and skate culture of Virginia Beach, and it's a very strong influence in his work, quite the understatement right?  Let me know what you think.  Hats off to you J.Crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment