A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Toasted Marshmallow Shake!

I made this famous 'Marshmallow Shake' this week for my son's 14th birthday, and now I'm seriously hooked!   My mission (such a foodie) is to have the original at the Stand in NYC... along with their burger of course...
How does a  SHAKE alone do so much to stir the blogosphere for years now... well, once you experience the flavor of this chunky white concoction and the taste of barely-burnt sugar you'll know you've just had the greatest shake of your life!
I first heard about the shake in January from one of my favorite bloggers from LA, Cupcakes and Cashmere... Emily tried it during fashion week in NYC while visiting Stand's burger joint, and then she made it and photographed it,  posting Francis Lam's original recipe from Gourmet...

photos from Cupcakes and Cashmere

It's so easy to make, don't worry if you can't find the exact vanilla ice cream, just use a good vanilla... I made it with Hagen Daz's Vanilla Bean, and Greek yogurt...


With Summer like temperatures this weekend it's the perfect time to make it not just for the kids, but for the kid in all of us... and when I do go to the Stand in the very very near future I will tell you all about it...

So let me know how it turns out, because I'm sure if you make it on Saturday, you'll want another on Sunday, and another on Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment