A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Muy Sabrosa!

Not me, but how I felt this morning

The only thing muy sabrosa (delicious) about this day is the perfect spring weather in NY... the weather guy said that the nearest cloud was in Iowa!  So my Cinco de Mayo began like this... alarm didn't go off (never remember this happening on a school morning), and my son woke me up at 7:12, the bus comes at 7:15, so that means I gotta drive them... doesn't seem like a big deal, but I already drive them 3 to 4 mornings a week early before school for clubs... Jazz Band, Math Olympiads, Mock Trial, and sometimes extra help when they want to ace a test.  Also today is state testing for Math, so on top of the regular 'I only drive my kids to school' regulars they'll probably be those parents that will let there kids sleep in on this  'Cinco de Mayo'  testing day.  That was some crazy traffic snarl at the middle school with a one lane road backed up and no traffic light turning into the school.  If you hadn't guessed already, one of my pet peeves are moms that don't let there kids take the bus to and from school on a regular basis! I don't get it... please enlighten me as to why this is a good thing...
Wishing this was me!!!

Anyway, come Sunday I'm really gonna soak up all Mother's Day goodness... they usually start with serving me breakfast in bed, although I like to bring it downstairs and eat all together in the kitchen, but it's a great way to start the day!


We'll be having Mexican take out tonight (probably Chipotle), a favorite in our house, while my husband works late tonight... I'll save the cerveza for the weekend... Happy 5th of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment