A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Anniversary CRASH!

Okay, so it's 2:45 am and I'm awake, now this only happens to me about twice a year, maybe, if that... so your asking 'why can't she sleep'... good question smarty... well if you remember from my last post (yesterday) we had a family get-together ... the occasion was my parents' anniversary dinner last night in NYC.  
All of this over Paella... maybe that's what's keeping me up!

You know those stirrings, those emotional stirrings that occur when as adults, the family dynamic plays out just like it did in childhood... well that's what happened... that's why I'm up, wide awake, kicking myself in the pants for falling into the old traps... and I thought I was prepared and evolved... Rubbish!

I looked all together, I probably seemed to others all together... but then the trap was layed... and I fell right in... hook, line and sinker... I was a tongue-tied sucker, a 'nice guy' with too much garbage floating around in my head to think clearly.

Some advice I once received goes like this... most of the time one can revisit a situation and say to the person, "Hey you know how we were talking last night about...well I was thinking about it and...".

Now this weekend will be another chance for me with another family celebration... so 'go girl go!'... that's me giving me a pep talk.
... with some flowers that brighten my day!
Okay, I think I can sleep now... but hubby will have to get the kids up at 6:30 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment