A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pie for the Party

Want a quick, delicious and refreshing summer pie recipe... a hit for adults and kids alike!!!  This Lemonade Pie from the Neelys, (the cutest cooking couple) is perfect to bring to the next barbecue or just make it for your family one night before the summer draws to a close, which by the way is sadly happening...
When I made this recipe it was enough for two pies... maybe my pie tins were small, but I was happy... one for you and one for me!
                                                 photo from The Food Network

Also I had trouble finding the candied lemon peel to garnish the pie so I just grated some lemon zest on the top and Voila'!
Another idea (from my sister) would be to make it with frozen limeade instead of lemonade more like a key lime pie.

Let them eat pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment