A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Monday, August 2, 2010

A Likeness!

In June, it was one year that my mother-in-law had passed away (a great mother-in-law)... we had what's called (in Judaism) as the unveiling, the time to mark the grave with a stone or monument.  After visiting the cemetery we went back to my sister-in-laws to eat and share memories.  I'm always the documentarian of sorts at family gatherings and happy to be, since I carry my digital SLR almost everywhere (the beach is one exception).
So here's the point of this... unfortunately, I never met my father-in-law, he died two years before I met my husband, but through stories and genetics I feel like I knew him.  By genetics I mean that my husband in many ways is a lot like him, and not like him too...

My kids and their cousins were looking at old photos that day...


 like these...
... in the center photo with his WWII buddies

But here's the kicker, my son held up a photo of his grandfather next to his father... WOW!
pretty strong likeness don't you think?

I love this photo my 12 year old took of his beautiful cousin...
Oh, the sticker on his hat... my 12 year old says it stays on... it's COOL that way!

1 comment:

  1. Visiting from Sits, but wow. Wowwy wow. Yeah, sometimes family resemblance can be strong. The eyes, the nose and the mouth were all remarkably the same! Genetics. Amazing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete