A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Thru My Lens... 'Celebrity Apprentice'

I'm not sure exactly what captivates me about NBC's 'Celebrity Apprentice'... I don't love the show, but I find it visually seductive the way it's shot, and I guess I like shows which have a creative challenge... like my all-time favorite 'Project Runway', which I sadly lost track of when they went switched from Bravo to Lifetime... so I'm not sure what possessed me last night, maybe the delirium of having the flu for four days now and counting, or just a love affair with my new camera... the Canon T2i, a digital SLR with 18 megapixels... and the honeymoon ain't over yet... but I sat there shooting away at the TV, with a voyeuristic purpose, as the teams Tenacity and RockSolid made their way through 'made for TV' conflicts... In this case I find, not the content, but the visual interaction fascinating...




Appropriation... "In the visual arts, to appropriate means to adopt, borrow, recycle, or sample aspects (or the entire form) of man-made visual culture... Inherent in the process... is the fact that the new work recontextualizes whatever it borrows to create the new work."

The story be told... please let me know if you feel that the emotional story is in these photos or not... 

No comments:

Post a Comment