A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cara Cara Mia!

Over the last three and a half months, while my body has been shrinking to a svelte weight, one of my pleasures has been discovering oranges again for the first time.  Last week I grabbed a bag of these Cara Cara Oranges, which I have been cutting up everyday for my youngest son and I (my other two guys don't love them the way we do) to enjoy...

The Cara Cara have a rosy almost pink flesh
Sweet, juicy, and low in acid

 Believed to be a cross between a Washington and Brazilian Bahia Navel

This delicious navel orange "offers a sweet juicy taste that blends the flavors of a tangerine with a subtle hint of a grapefruit." It's grown in the San Joaquin Valley and has a limited availability through April.   

I hope you will be singing "Cara Mia" too!

No comments:

Post a Comment