A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Holding My Breath


"When you part from your friend, you grieve not;
For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain..." 
by Khalil Gibran

Today I'm meeting an old friend who I haven't seen in about 8 years.  She contacted me via email after the death of a mutual friend and coworker from many years ago, when we lived and worked in San Francisco. We're meeting for lunch about halfway between our homes... A nervous anticipation has plagued me since last night.  Yes I'm excited to see her... though at first I kept rehearsing what I'll say, what to cover, what not to miss, but then I realized that all that doesn't matter so much.  Just seeing her and the feelings we'll have are more important... now I can breathe again.  In fact breathing will help settle my nerves as I drive the I495 to our lunch destination.
Can't wait!... will let you know the details tomorrow.

"... And in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. 
For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed."

No comments:

Post a Comment