A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mint Memories

Mint grows like a weed, once it starts, one needs to take control or it will... I learned this from growing up with a father who has a green thumb.  This is also the reason I love mint, for the taste and the childhood memories.  As a kid we would pick the leaves and just suck on them.  Mint tea was plentiful, but in those days there weren't too many recipes using mint, not like today.  So when I saw this Thai inspired slaw recipe with cashews and mint from my favorite cooking blog,  Smitten Kitchen,  I knew it was for me and I hope for you...
Click below for the link to the recipe...
Gorgeous photo by Smitten Kitchen
These photos are like Renaissance paintings

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really yummy! I love anything with mint.

    Stopping by from SITS

    Cheers :-)
    - CoconutPalmDesigns

    ReplyDelete