A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Easy Turkey Chili

Longer than 30 minutes is what I would call this recipe from the 'Food Network'... Don't get me wrong it turned out to be quite delicious with a few tweaks here and there, it's just that simmering it longer thickens it and intensifies the flavor.  I simmered for about 3/4 of an hour.  Turned off the heat because I had to take my son to a music lesson and then I came home and warmed it back up again... it was very tasty.

I changed a few things... for instance I didn't have chipotle chili en adobo with sauce, so I used a 1/3 of a poblano chile pepper and added a green bell pepper for a mild heat and some crunch.  The beer adds great flavor and the garnishes give it a freshness... it's my kids favorite part.  They feel like they're part of the cooking process.  That's why they like taco and burrito dinners because they put the amount of what they like together. 
For garnishes (or condiments), I used a mix of mexican cheeses pre-packaged by Sorrento, fresh cilantro (my favorite), scallion (green onion), and these dried Jalapeno Pepper Flakes from "Victoria Gourmet", which I purchased on one of my trips to TJ Maxx, where they have great bargains on gourmet food.  I know, most Moms go there for the clothes...


What's your favorite Chili recipe?

1 comment:

  1. Great Photos! I missed your SITS day. I'm new to the group but saw your name on the week list. Glad I came by my husband and I are into photography.

    ReplyDelete