A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Afterglow


AFTERGLOW; definition: A broad high arch of rosy light appearing in the sky long after sunset.

Yesterday, my special day in the spotlight as the 'Featured Blogger' on SITS Girls has passed and last night after all the excitement I was truly basking in the afterglow of it all.
Like all good things... you know... the poet Robert Frost says it so well in this poem titled, "Nothing Gold Can Stay".

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.  

*Note: This poem earned Robert Frost the 1924 Pulitzer prize for poetry.

Thank you to all those who visited my blog yesterday.  The support was fantastic!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm a day late but still wanted to comment because I am very glad your blog was featured, I absolutely love it &love your "voice"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was late, too - two days late - but it didn't matter 'cause I got here and haven't left yet (smile). Great blog and love your "voice" too!

    ReplyDelete