A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Visiting Day Dread

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see my 12 year old son tomorrow on camp 'Visiting Day', but the thought of a sea of people clawing and running to be the first to their child, and for a spot in the shade to picnic in 97 degree heat and high humidity just makes me feel dread!  There's even a heat warning from the camp not to bring grandparents... because it's going to be too damn hot!!!

                                               photo from 'No Caption Needed'

 I've been feeling this dread all week, I can't shake it... maybe because it's our 5th year... and just maybe because I just saw my son last week ALL week (my husband works at camp for a week every summer)...
We all wanted to play tennis together, but it's too HOT, we want to swim together but we'll be directly in the sun so that will be good for about a half hour, and we'll see inside his bunk and the bunks will be stifling HOT and it's a boys bunk so it will be smelly too!
Please help... I'm usually so positive... here I go... maybe we'll run for the theater which is air conditioned, or Arts and Crafts which has an outdoor shaded porch with tables... maybe we'll go visit the nurses in the infirmary where my husband worked, it's air conditioned there too...
... maybe we'll have the best time ever!!!

Have a great weekend... I'm sure I will too... and I'll tell you all about it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment