A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Away from the Daily Grind

My vacation week was was a great recharge...
Learning how to unwind takes some practice...  this being our fourth summer doing so for a week in the foothills of the Catskills and Berkshires... I'm getting good at doing just about nothing, although a Zen Buddist wouldn't agree it's nothing, but it's all relative.   I power walk in the early morning to avoid the intense heat of late, eat breakfast, some days make some art, eat lunch, walk or take a drive, socialize, swim in the lake (a real treat), eat dinner, more socializing, walk, eat ice cream, walk and sleep...
One of our 'drive and then eat jaunts' took us to Millerton, NY, a great little town where we've been before, and into the Irving Farm Coffee House where you can eat lunch and savor delicious coffee which is roasted nearby at their farm in Millerton.
We bought some of their roasted beans to take home... I LOVE the packaging too!



  I love the packaging so much I had to photograph it again down the street...


I ate a curried chicken salad sandwich on toasted multigrain bread ... DELICIOUS!

There are so many little towns to explore in this region of rolling green hills including a new spot for us, where we had dinner one night... in Philmont... but that's for tomorrow's blog... stay tuned...

1 comment: