A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Times Square in Perfect Light

TIME & PLACE: Yesterday in Times Square on the way to a Broadway show...

I used to work on 46th between 6th and 7th Avenues... Times Square... a lot has changed over the years for the better.  In all those years I never stood on line at TKTS for discounted Broadway show tickets. Probably because I'm not a lover of Broadway theater, I prefer off or off off Broadway... I'd rather go to a museum, gallery, or a movie... maybe that's because I'm a visual artist, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the Broadway spectacle...
Yesterday I travelled from Long Island into the city with two friends on a mission to see a Broadway show... decisions decisions, that's what we did while waiting on line (about 10:30am) on the most beautiful day (sunny, mid 70's, no humidity) I can remember, we had to have our list of shows (listed on the board) we wanted to see in order of preference before we reached the ticket booth... Fela!, Memphis, South Pacific... Fela! it was (at 50% off) front row mezzanine!

My view of Times Square while waiting on line...





Fela! is a great story (based on Nigerian musician and activist Fela Kuti's life in the late 70's), and actor Sahr Ngaujah IS the show... he's worth the price of admission!
A sneak peak at part of the wonderful set design!


Oh, and when you go, check out the NEW Forever 21 megastore and billboard!!!

Thanks girls for a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment