A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Friday, July 2, 2010

A Different Bagel

I know it's the 4th of July this weekend and I probably should be blogging about something red, white, and blue... maybe something with strawberries... but I can't contain my excitement about a NEW (for me) kind of bagel I've never heard of before this morning...

A Montreal-style BAGEL...
                                                                photo by Wikepedia

Even after having lived on the West Coast for many years, and now back to New York for many more years, my view of life is a New York point of view, and I've nearly forgotten how culinarily obsessed people are, in a GOOD way, on the West Coast!  So here's my long-winded point... there is so much good food everywhere out there from small producers!
I came to a wonderful food blog, The Cookbook Chronicles, and saw this post about the 'Portland Farmer's Market' with these photos...
My mouth watered at the 'Porchetta Sandwich' created by Tastebud

... I had to find out what a Montreal-style Bagel was... Wikipedia gives a history and says,  "it's a distinctive variety, handmade and wood-fired.  In contrast to the New York- style bagel, it's smaller, sweeter and denser with a large hole."

There is life outside of New York and I want to taste it NOW!!!

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I love New York
and Portland now too!

I hope you have a happy July 4th filled with laughter, good company and good eats!

1 comment:

  1. And the best time to sample all of these culinary delights is 4th of July weekend, correctamundo? I Love New York...SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

    I'm Proud to be an American

    ReplyDelete