A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Dance Day!

Tommorrow, Saturday, is a special day... on a national level it's the first ever "National Dance Day" and on a personal level it's my special day to be interviewed as a featured blogger for "Sensational Woman Saturday", on a sensational blog called "Writing Without Periods!".... I hope you'll check out the interview and her blog about life after 40!... of which there is plenty!

Now, about National Dance Day (NDD)... this is an event created by So You Think You Can Dance co-creator Nigel Lythgoe and made official by Congress, to encourage the nation to get healthy through dance!  I love dance, and I love the show because it's a way to see serious dance (modern is my favorite) for FREE!  On NDD most events are happening on the 'left coast'... with a few exceptions, one being The Mall in Washington D.C. , but I say, 'JUST DANCE'... you can even upload your own dance video with instructions from the link above.  Also check out Dizzy Feet for the official dance of the day.

I thought I would start the weekend with a warm up tonight by attending the Huntington Summer Arts Festival at Hecksher Park in Huntington, NY... where Latin guitarist Raul Midon will play his flamenco and jazz-infused music... and I with my own dizzy feet will be 'swagging out' to the beat !  You can picnic there too...

No comments:

Post a Comment