A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Celebrating with Blue... Eight Nights


Empire State Building Lit for Hanukkah


I've always said, I'm going to teach my boys to cook so that later in life they'll have the creative enjoyment, that I've experienced, and that comes with one of lifes' 'great pleasures'... so far... neither boy shows any interest in the cooking just EATING! That's 'Puberty'!
Tonight being the first night of Hanukkah, there will be the candle lighting, gifts for the kids, and traditionally latkes, better known as potato pancakes... and with the potato pancakes comes a lot of potato peeling, so if your cooking with the kids, try this 'Monkey Veggie Peeler" I found on a 'Cooking 4 Kids' website called 'Spatulatta' where you can watch a beautiful video of Dana and her grandmother making "Savti's Latkes"...


..."Eight Stories, Eight Nights"... npr (public radio), has selected works of contemporary fiction that the whole family can listen to, one for each night!  They run about 5 to 15 minutes long... I'd love to know which story is your favorite... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment