A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Just Sandwiches

Is it like the phrase 'Just Desserts'?...  meaning: That which is deserved, a reward for what has been done, good or bad.  Well if this is a reward, it's a good one because this website, Scanwiches, is a treat...  but be careful because viewing when hungry may drive you crazy!  All the sandwiches are not photographed and downloaded, but carefully scanned in,  I mean they're placed directly on the scanner, grease and all, that's why they look like one could just reach out and take a bite...


The guy lives in Brooklyn, so if you're not in the neighborhood, where you can frequent these places, and follow this gourmand of sorts, actually he's a graphic designer so he gets off on how they look mostly, then use this site as inspiration for the 'making of a sandwich'...  I believe there is an art to good sandwich making.  My father, a southerner, was good at it, slathering all kinds of things together and they were delicious.  I often make sandwiches for my family for dinner, especially in the heat of summer.

So here's to sandwiches...
Thick...
... and  Thin

and 'Just Desserts' too...

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment