A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Asymmetry Abounds!

Today is already filled with excitement (and a little quiet desperation) as I anticipate tonight.... it's my girlfriends birthday celebration, a BIG one, and five of us (women) are going to dinner and a Broadway show in NYC!  Planning a Girls Night Out in the city was not a simple task with kids, and kids with busy schedules... I had to pull favors as my husband works late on Fridays, and we have to leave Long Island around 4pm to make a 6pm dinner reservation comfortably and then an 8pm show.
I'll tell you all about our night out on Monday's blog, but first, thoughts about what to wear... since the weather has been in the 60's this week, and today's the warmest yet... shopping for spring was how I spent some of my time this week.  As a painter and artist, I love asymmetry in many things, so I'm happy to see it in many of the tops and dresses for spring...





One of my favorite places to shop is Meringue Boutique in Plainview and Dix Hills, NY... not only for their fashionista styling, but for the warm and personal service from Dawn and Grace!

Happy Birthday to my friend and biggest supporter, Marilyn!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those are gorgeous! I wish I could wear tops like that...
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Val
    www.sewnotmyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete