A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Mania

5 BIG food shoppings so far for Thanksgiving... You might think I'm disorganized or indecisive about what to make for my Thanksgiving feast, but for one, things are evolving as far as the menu goes and every time I see a great recipe I think maybe THAT one!... but the biggest problem I have is that every time I food shop for this epic meal I come home stuffing the refrigerator, posting a big warning for my kids not to eat or drink this or that... Well, "OOPS Mom I forgot", is the phrase I keep hearing as I return to the market for more of this and that...  If only I could turn off these pubescent eating machines until Thanksgiving is over!
STOP PLEASE STOP!!!... Tonight is take-out for sure!

My Recipes for Thanksgiving as of this moment...

- Turkey with Herbs de Provence and Citrus (Giada De Laurentiis)
- Sausage and Herb Stuffing (Ina Garten)
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Pecan and Marshmallow Streusel (a combo of 2 recipes/Paula Deen & Tyler      Florence)
- Maple-Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Toasted Hazelnuts (Coscarelli)
- Green Beans with Lemon and Garlic (Neelys)
- Caramelized Butternut Squash with Apple and Bacon (combo Barefoot Contessa & Francesco Tonelli)

Dessert pies are coming with guests and I made Graham Crackers half dipped in Dark Chocolate and Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake served with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce.

I still feel after years of making Thanksgiving that the timing is the hardest part... maybe because I only have one full convection oven and one small convection/microwave.  The brussel sprouts and green beans are made on the stovetop so that will help.

What is the hardest part for you?... and don't say "staying awake" after the meal.

For those who panic at the thought of so many recipes here's one for you, and this cracks me up... the notorious all in one meal-in-a-cake...

Thanksgiving Turkey Cake from Chow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment