A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Car Shopping

SORRY about last weeks short week on the blog, but I won't go black on you, I promise, and everything is alright with me just soooo busy with a few big things.
One is that I'm in the thick of planning my son's Bar Mitzvah, my last but not least... and right about the same time (March) I have to decide on a new car with my lease coming due just about then too.
Frankly, I don't know which one is more work!  One is months of planning and will be over in a matter of 6 or so hours and the other is weeks of research and I have to live with my decision for 3 years.
You might think this is ridiculous even comparing these two unrelated things but they are converging and making me crazy at the same time.
I know a lot of women who have their husbands making this car decision for them but not in this household it's a joint decision, it's the car that I will be living in 95% of the time carting the kids to and fro.
I don't want to spend a lot on a car (it's not where we care to put too many eggs) but I'm thinking to go to a third row so I don't have to say 'no' to taking my 2 kids and all their friends places.
Anyway I tend to do a lot of research on things and usually I'm a very fast shopper (clothing, home decor, etc).  I know what I like, but a car is a big ticket item and there are a lot of players who present a lot of confusing information.
My latest is this... I have never bought an American car but suddenly some of them are looking quite good, especially Ford... with their technology and safety...


...so wish me luck and please leave me a comment if you have any suggestions you'd like to share... Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment