A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Let's Eat Pumpkin Cake!

Bring it on... I know it's hard to believe we're in October already, but believe it... and October means pumpkin bread, specifically Trader Joe's Pumpkin Bread and Muffin Mix, shhhhh... don't your guests they're from a mix because they won't believe it anyway... it's that good!  Oh, just be careful, it's hard to stop eating and the calories are plentiful... 250 calories per serving!  I've made it both ways, the bread and muffins and I prefer the bread... My kids plow through it leaving only crumbs... better for my waistline anyway...

If you're a little more ambitious, which I may be this weekend, I'm going to try these outrageous cupcakes I spotted in my recent issue of House Beautiful from my favorite chef, Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa...
They look so delicious...

Happy Friday and please let me know if you're enjoying my blog by leaving a short comment... your feedback is what keeps me going, thanks.

1 comment:

  1. A mix that tastes like home-made is definitely worth a try. But your maple cupcakes pic is not loading. Might be a good thing. My waistline needs watching too...

    ReplyDelete