A blogger seeking a richer life... in a wasteland called the suburbs... for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Some, but not all of New Orleans...



 Although we arrived here on Saturday evening, I havn't seen much of New Orleans.  I walked aound the city for about 3 hours on Sunday to scope out the city, but alot of my time has been spent inside the Convention Center, with the exception of eating out.  Sunday night was spent Galatoires, a well-known classic French Restaurant in of course the French Quarter.  I had high expectations from various culinary sources that this was not to be missed... well we should have... an uncomfortably long wait, too noisy, and soggy bland fish and salad.  The cold seafood apppetizer for three was quite fresh and tasty, but not worth the price tag.  There is always tomorrow night...



I stopped into Wish, on Decatur Street, an Australian manufacturer of women's clothing, classic with a trendy twist... and the price is right!!!  It's just down the street from the world famous Cafe Du Monde where you can indulge in beignets (french donuts) with a mountain of powdered sugar and some cafe au laite to wash it down. Just don't wear black when your eating them!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment